Oven Fried Korean Popcorn Chicken
#Oven #Fried #Korean #Popcorn #Chicken


Oven-fried Korean popcorn chicken, a little healthier, much easier, take Korean-style fried chicken. Inspired by the food carts found on the streets of Seoul. Breaded with corn flakes, baked in the oven and finished with a sweet and spicy Korean-inspired barbecue sauce. This chicken is sure to be loved by everyone. Serve with steamed rice and a plate full of sautéed vegetables for an easy dinner that is different, delicious, colorful and full of flavor.

Oh, how this recipe brings me back to one of my favorite memories in life ... this time last year in South Korea for the 2018 Winter Olympics. I've said it so many times, but I am very grateful for these memories. And even more grateful to have been able to experience it with my favorite people. I can't believe I was so close to jumping because I had to stay home and work. I mean, I always knew in my mind that there was no way to miss seeing my brother participate in the Olympics, but I played with the idea for sure.

Happy to be smart, to have played the role of older sister and to have dragged myself into the 4pm flight. Because it will undoubtedly be a trip that I will never forget. Lost bags and all…

It really shows me that I can't always prioritize work. I think I need to remember it more than ever. So thank you to the post, and to this recipe, for helping me to find a little perspective.

After Red competed, it was time for a few family members and I to go home. We decided to spend a day in Seoul before our flight back to LA. Even though we only spent 24 hours in Seoul, I can really say that it is such a cool city. Full of culture and energy. The outdoor street markets were my absolute favorite. They had everything from fresh produce to homemade dumplings, waffles stuffed with ice cream (and the waffles were shaped like a fish). Of course, they also had the most delicious fried chicken, mixed with Korean barbecue sauce.

The dumplings, which I have now made a few versions here on HBH, were definitely one of my favorite foods. But the Korean chicken was just as amazing.

With the first anniversary of our trip, this week and the last. I thought it was the perfect time to recreate Korean chicken. Hard to believe I didn't do this earlier, but oh my gosh, I'm sure I finally did.

He. East. The. Better.

oven-fried-korean-popcorn-chicken 
oven-fried-korean-popcorn-chicken