Crispy Quinoa Patties
#Crispy #Quinoa #Patties


One of my favorite basic pantry ingredients is quinoa. I cook 2 cups of quinoa at the start of the week and use it in all kinds of recipes. When I have leftovers, these quinoa patties are the perfect way to use them! This recipe is very forgiving and versatile, so exact measurements are not that important. But the good thing is that the short list of ingredients are everyday items that you may already have around.

How to make quinoa pancakes

When it comes to turning quinoa into patties, you'll need a few binding ingredients. So I use eggs and cheese in this recipe. For flavor, I add onions and garlic. Here you can also add mushrooms, grated carrots, grated zucchini, olives or even ground chicken or turkey.

Start with my basic recipe and improvise as you see fit! For a smoother consistency, I highly recommend grating the onions and any other vegetables that come in here.

Then you will want to add bread crumbs to absorb all the moisture and give it a good mix. It's a great way to use the rest of the toast, or you can replace it with gluten-free panko breadcrumbs or a flour or choice, like almond flour or oatmeal. This part of the quinoa cake recipe is also super forgiving!

Then the mixture will make six to eight patties depending on the thickness you want. Once you have formed the patties, do not hesitate to add more breadcrumbs, more cheese or more water if you find that the mixture is too dry. The measurements I have below have worked very well with no adjustments required.

Then you can fry or bake them. I have instructions below for both methods, although I prefer to fry the quinoa patties. You will only need a tablespoon of oil, so the edges will be lightly fried, but will become nice and crisp.

Watch the video How to make quinoa pancakes

#quinoa#patties